Monday Night Raw keeps on growing after 25 years
WWE is celebrating the 25th anniversary of Monday Night Raw next January 22nd and sent us this amazing numbers to show the world the milestones that have shaped the sports entertainment genre. Here is the oficial press release:
WWE Monday Night Raw is #1
• As of October 23, 2006, Raw is the longest running weekly episodic show in US television history.
• Since 2006, Raw has propelled USA Network to rank as the #1 cable entertainment network in both P18-49 and P2+.
• Monday Night Raw has the biggest percentage of live viewing among the top 25 ad supported cable entertainment programs in 2017.
o In its USA Network airings since 1997, Monday Night Raw has been USA’s top performing show in live same day viewing.
• Monday Night Raw consistently ranks in the top 3 cable entertainment programs on Monday nights.
• Monday Night Raw averages more viewers than any cable network in primetime.
o Monday Night Raw delivers more viewers than all sports other than the NFL.
• Monday Night Raw’s audience percentage of adults watching with kids is #1 among the top 25 ad supported cable entertainment programs in 2017.
o Of the top 25 ad supported cable entertainment programs in 2017, Monday Night Raw is one of only five rated TV-PG.
o More parents and kids watch Monday Night Raw together than MLB, NBA, NHL or NASCAR.
WWE Monday Night Raw’s Audience
• Monday Night Raw delivers a diverse, multigenerational audience.
• Women make up nearly 40% of Monday Night Raw’s TV audience.
• Monday Night Raw delivers an audience that’s more diverse than any sports property other than the NBA.
WWE – By the Numbers
• WWE’s programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes across 180 countries and in 20 languages.
• WWE has more than 825 million followers on social media.
• Forbes named WrestleMania as one of the world’s top 10 most valuable sports event brands for the past four years in a row, alongside the Super Bowl, Olympics, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Men’s Final Four.
• WWE continues to lead in sports-related subscription OTT video services as the #2 sports OTT service, behind only MLB.tv, according to Parks Associates.
— WWENEWS.eu (@WWENEWSEU) 5 de enero de 2018
• WWE is the #2 most viewed channel on YouTube in the world with 17+ billion lifetime video views and the #1 sports channel on YouTube, ahead of the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, ESPN, NASCAR and FIFA.
• WWE is a $1 billion global brand at retail annually.
• John Cena is the #1 most followed active American athlete and #6 most followed athlete in the world on Facebook with more than 45 million followers.
• WWE was the #1 most tweeted about TV program in 2017
• WWE programming trends on Twitter every single week, 52 weeks per year.
• In 2017, WWE held more than 500 live events, including 80 live events internationally in 25 countries.
• More than 40% of WWE’s talent roster is from outside the U.S., including China, India, Japan, Australia, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany and more
• WWE Superstar John Cena has granted more than 500 wishes, the most in Make-A-Wish history.